Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!?!?

I wish you all a very happy new year. Even though I, personally, have never really been big on celebrating the new year. Maybe, I am a party pooper. Maybe, I really don't look forward to being another year older. I really don't know what it is about it that I just can't get into.
Last night, we decided to let the kids stay up. I never thought they would make it. We played a few games and put on a movie. I thought for sure that would put them to sleep (it works for me, just ask my husband). The night went pretty well except for Isaiah throwing up. He has an ear infection and the doctor put him on an antibiotic that he refuses to take without a fight. After a wrestling match and getting most of it down, he goes in the living room and throws it all up. What a waste of my energy! We also thought that letting them stay up 4 hours late would also mean they would sleep in 4 hours...HA HA HA! They slept in one hour later making it 7 o'clock not 6.
Anyway, I really am not pessimistic about the new year. I hope the year brings healing for us from the struggles of 2008. I know that great things will happen and I truly wish you a great 2009.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Hope your family has a happy and healthy new year. I believe (and I know you do too) that God has great things in store for you and your family!