Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What do you think?

Is it okay for a man to get into his wife's purse? I have had this discussion with my husband and he thinks it is okay. At first it drove me crazy but I have learned to live with it. My dad, on the other hand, has been married to my mom for 37 years and has never been in her purse. He brings it to her and she gets gets whatever he needs out. I was driving home today and they asked this question on the radio and I didn't get a chance to hear any responses so I was curious to see if this comes up at your house?

3 comments:

Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

Does the diaper bag count? That's what Steph has been using oh, for the last 10 years, but now she has upgraded to the small backpack. I would get in it if I had to, but I have no need really.

Anonymous said...

This is a touchy subject for many people. In our home...I teach my oldest (a 14 yr male) to never go into a woman's purse without permission. That's pretty much the way it is with my hubby and I. He will bring me my purse or I will just tell him to go ahead. But he never gets in it without me knowing. I don't think my dad has ever been in my mom's purse. It's one of those weird things. On the other side of the coin...I do not get into my husband's wallet without permission.

Anonymous said...

I have cleaned my wifes purse out before! I went to put some cash in it and boy was it messy. Receipts over a year old, a pacifier with lint stuck to it, a fuzzy mint, an outline from church that wasn't even a particularly good sermon. I couldn't take it, So I cleaned it out. She was not nearly as grateful as I thought she would be. What is the big deal. She can get in my wallet. We have no secrets. She has washed my underwear. I have watched her give birth but getting in her purse crosses the line?