Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Making time...

I don't know about you but it seems as though I have so many things to do and no time to do it. We finally went Christmas shopping today. We didn't finish but we made a big dent in it. We have to finish two kids and we are done. It seems like every year there is one kid that is really easy to buy for and you just keep finding things he will like. It's like you have to make yourself stop buying stuff or you'll go broke.

I have a party on Friday for Jacobs class to plan. I have it mostly figured out. I am just waiting for one lady to call back. I think I over planned but I learned my lesson from the Halloween party when I didn't have enough planned. I still have to bake the cookies for the kids to decorate. I decided to let them decorate cookies, do a small craft, make reindeer food, and play games until time runs out. That should keep them busy and fill up the hour.

Then there is the whole planning out Christmas day and juggling families. I won't get into that because I know everyone can relate.

We attempted to take pictures of the kids today. We took probably 50 pictures when Bill realized the camera was on the wrong setting. So, he fixed it and by then it was too late they no longer thought picture taking was fun. Here's an example of what I mean...


I know that is terrible but I couldn't call my blog "the way it really is" if these things didn't happen. I will post better (not so violent) pictures later.

I don't know how I would juggle things if I worked outside the home especially this time of year. This is just a short list I left out a bunch of stuff. Anyway, I guess it is about making time for what is important.

Speaking of making time, I have to make time to finish watching a basketball game.


No comments: