Wednesday, December 10, 2008

GO CAVS!!!

Okay, it is not a secret to those who know me...I am a huge Cleveland Cavalier fan. I watch all the games and if I am not home, I record them and watch them later. It all started out in 2003 when I wanted to see what all the hype was about LeBron James. He was a local kid who was selling out crowds in high school. I just wanted to see if he was really that good. The answer is...yes! He was, and still is. He is so fun to watch. I never watched basketball before, to be honest, I didn't understand it. Boy, have things changed. Now I find myself talking stats like one of the guys. I watch ESPNEWS to catch the highlights. I would love to be a season ticket holder. I shop at the team shop. I hate the off season. I really don't get into any other professional sport I just love to watch basketball. Anyway, enough about me and my obsession with the game. This year the team is very exciting to watch and I believe this is our year. It is funny because when you are a fan you get excited about all sorts of things...slam dunks, breaking team records, fast breaks, winning, etc. Last night, LeBron had 6 slam dunks and he and another player "Z" set two new team records...very exciting!! My friends think I have problems, I don't know, maybe I do. I think if they sat down and watched a few games with me they would learn to love it too. But then again when they see me jump off the couch in excitement they might consider that proving their point.

2 comments:

Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

Problems? I don't see any problems.

Anonymous said...

I don't think it is a problem unless it has replaced a more important obsession like your husband.