Tuesday, February 10, 2009

This week...

For those of you who didn't know Bill has been out of town since last Sunday. He was going to come home Saturday but plans changed and he is coming home tonight. I have forgotten how much work it is when he is gone.

My kids are really missing their dad, especially Jacob. He started crying the other day. He has always been a "daddy's boy." He has called him every day, probably 5 or 6 times a day. Just a little FYI, do not give him your phone number. He will memorize it and call it over and over.

My poor Isaiah just doesn't understand. He walks around the house saying "Where is my daddy?" The other day he was coloring a picture and as he was scribbling he was saying "I miss my daddy, I miss my daddy" What's a mom to say?

Joshua really hasn't said much. He is kinda in his own world these days. He is too busy being mischevious in school. The other day his teacher told me that during "circle time" he plugged his ears while she was talking (don't laugh, it's not funny). He told me he was going to do it before he did it and I told him he better not (he didn't listen).

And believe it or not, tonight Tyler told me that he was missing his dad and he hardly ever says those things. He is a teenager he can't show emotion.

The week did not go without mishaps, of course. We always have those. I did find out that I can go from "normal to berserk" in 3 seconds.
I am usually pretty patient considering how many kids I have but, there are times when I get tired of repeating myself especially when it is about the things we do every day. Eat your breakfast, get your clothes on, put your shoes on, time for your jacket, get your pajamas on, brush your teeth...You get my point. I ask nice the first time, second time I say it a little louder, third time...berserk.

Well, it is after 8 and I have kids to put to bed and then it is off to the airport. And to my dear friend Delilah, I will try to post more often.

1 comment:

delilah said...

Wow...I got a mention. I was just letting you know I DID notice you weren't posting.