Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Just a few mishaps...

Super Bowl Sunday we had a few friends over. Six adults and eleven kids ranging from one week to 14 (9 of them under 7). All went well with the kids, they all got along very good. The mishap? I dropped my cell phone into a cup of coffee. It stopped working and, boy, was I mad. The only phone that isn't insured. I remembered listening to the radio a few days before and they said if you drop your cell phone in water, take out the battery and SIM card and put it in dry rice to draw out the water. What could it hurt, it was worth a try. Well, I think it worked. The next night, my phone was working.

Last night, the kids were playing on my laptop at the dining room table. I told them it was time to eat and made their plates. Jacob, for whatever reason (with him there usually isn't a reason except he is Jacob), dumped his plate of pasta and sauce on my keyboard. I am not quite sure I know what he was trying to do. The computer wasn't even on the table. Tyler moved it. Anyway, what a mess! Obviously, it is still working. I am just hoping I got all the sauce out (I didn't think the rice trick would work it this situation). But what I really don't understand is how my kids can pop the keys off the keyboard without any problems. I had the hardest time popping the few off I had to get clean under.

No comments: