Friday, July 2, 2010

What a cry baby...

I am such a cry baby at times it blows my mind.
My kids were at basketball camp this week and I tried to get there early when I picked them up so I could watch a little bit.
When I got there yesterday, they were playing a game and every time one of them attempted a shot, I fought tears back. Then, they had a relay race. They had to dribble down the court, make a basket (or try until they made it), dribble to half court and slam dunk then bounce pass to the next guy. Well, I was wondering how many times they would shoot before they made it...they made it on the first try! I have tears in my eyes, seriously, what is wrong with me?
And speaking of tears, afterwards, Jacob ran right by me and into the hall while I waited for Joshua. Joshua and I walked downstairs. No Jacob. Out to the front desk. No Jacob. So, we walked back upstairs thinking maybe he went to the drinking fountain. No Jacob. Back down the stairs we go to see if he was at the desk or if someone had seen a lost boy. As we are walking down the stairs, he is walking up with a lady that works there. He is crying, hysterically! He thought I had left him?!? I don't get it, I have never left him anywhere alone. When we got out to the truck I asked him if he liked that scared feeling and if he learned anything?
You can bet that today after camp, he stayed right by my side!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

I am so glad I'm not the only one who cries at everything. Did I mention EVERYTHING! We're meant to be friends forever...You know that!