Sunday, July 25, 2010

July 25th

Today is a day that has forever changed my life. Instead of being sad, I want to take the time to celebrate my sister's life.
Yesterday, on Facebook, I asked you to share a memory of Mandy and here is what you had to say...
Marcia Marshall~i can only think of her laughter and sweet smile right now. she's so sweet. she is one of our saintly connections to Heaven.
Rebecca Reynolds~I just love when Mandi would always smile and just roll her eyes when Jon was being his silly self!
Cassie Jebber~I remember her blushing. And giggling every time she felt embarrassed. Oh How I loved watching her face turn the brightest shade of crimson. She turned bashful so easy and I miss that so much. I love you Sherry. I miss you Mandy
Heather Galioto~A very short time before Mandy went to be w/ her Heavenly Father...her and Jon stopped by our home. We sat in the house and visited and laughed and laughed. Mandy's heart and spirit are unmatched!!! Kev and I also came across some photos from M & J's wedding and that time we went to the pumpkin patch. I also look at my girls on occasion and pray that they have a sisterly relationship that mirrors yours and Mandy's. Love and prayers to you Sherry tonight and every night!
David Walter~I used to have a great time with Mandi and Jon after Pageant practices at On Tap.... She was a great person...and will always be missed.
Chrissie Hahn~Oh where do I begin...she is a one of a kind person who has touched my life forever. The other day I was thinking of her and tonight too. I remember when we took our vacations with each other at the beach. Her face when it lit up over silly... things and the many many times we laughed together and the crazy stuff we did. Memories with her go on and on. Grace found a picture today of Mandy that I had and was asking about her and I told her that she is a special person that loved her very much! Sherry I am here if you need to talk anytime.
Bill Looman~I remember, before Sherry and I got married, I was teasing Mandy about something and this timid, easily embarrassed soft spoken girl (who was obviously a WWE fan) gave me the "crotch chop". I also remember once, Jon and I were out doing something (don't remember what) and when we got home, her and Sherry were on the floor with a bunch of empty wine cooler bottles acting all liquored up. She is a very special girl who loved her husband, family and niece and nephew's very much and without condition. She was the little sister I never had. I miss you Amanda Sue!
When I think of my sister, I think of her big heart. I have never met a person with a bigger, kinder heart. She cared about even the spiders that made it into her house, (me, I vacuumed them, her, she put them in a cup and returned them outside). Every time, I had a problem, she had the answer. When I wanted to quit, she kept me going. When I needed a shoulder, hug or tissue to wipe my eyes, there she was. When I just wanted to talk, she listened. When I needed a break from my kids, she babysat.
I miss her everyday. Not a day has gone by that I haven't thought about her, wished I could hear her voice and give her the biggest hug ever.
I love you and I miss you
Manda Sue, Mandalena, Aunt Manden, Aunt Mandy
Amanda Sue Starnes
Many different names, One great girl!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

:( she is so greatly missed