Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I have said it before...

and I'll say it again
I LOVE IT WHEN I FIND AN OLD FRIEND!!!

When I was in middle school (maybe younger) I remember seeing an ad in a magazine for pen pals. I thought sounded fun so I sent in my information and they sent me a pen pal. We exchanged letter after letter, pictures, keepsakes, even talked on the phone. We knew everything about each other and never met! High school came and we lost touch but thanks to facebook we have reconnected. Last night, when I sat down to send her message, I felt like a kid again.

Last week, I reconnected with one of my best friends from high school. We were in cosmetology class together. There were about 4 of us that became really close. That class was full of cliques, I wonder how many of them actually work in a salon now? I remember being so upset when she moved to Florida. Like I have said, I have never had a lot of friends at one time but the ones I had I love! Anyway, for a while, we wrote to each other but life happened and we lost touch.

I look forward to catching up with these girls they both meant a lot to me at different times in my life. I just wished we lived a little closer to each other!

1 comment:

marcia said...

that is so sweet!... i think about a lot of old friends from my childhood, but haven't really been able to find them. i think mostly because of the way that marriage usually changes their name. :-) ...