Saturday, July 25, 2009

Chips on the table

The other day, I babysat for my friend Julie.
Her family is going through a really rough time right now. If you believe in the power of prayer, I ask that you remember her family when you pray.
When she brought the girls over I have to admit, I had no idea what to do with preteen girls??? They eventually talked us into opening the pool, the water was 73...too cold for me. I set out some chips in bowls on the picnic table, found some clothes for them to swim in and had a little pool party. The next day, Julie sent me an email an told me of this conversation she had with her 6 year old that night at dinner:

Kassie: "Mommy, ...ya know what?"
Me: "What sweetie pie?"
Kassie: " Sherry Loooooman REALLLLLLLLY knows how to take care of kids. She left the chips on the table."
Me: "What do you mean she left the chips out on the table?"
Kassie: "I don't know but she just left the chips out for the boys and that was SO good."

Now, let me tell you...I reallllllly didn't know what to do to take care of them!!! I was confused! But, what I think is amazing about this is...Kassie is so quiet and shy but that day I think I broke the ice and she talked to me. Not only did she talk to me but about me and wants to come back. It only took almost a year but we are moving forward!

By the way, I don't have that many o's in my last name. That is just how Kassie says it!

No comments: