Thursday, June 25, 2009

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...

I know that I am always talking about my neighbor and a lot of people really don't know how bad it really is and so I thought I would share a story and I'll let you decide if I am overreacting...

THE SCENE: Bill and Jon were doing some work on the hot tub (which is about a foot from his fence).

NEIGHBOR: Hey Hey Hey! Stop shaking my fence!

BILL: What are you talking about? I am not shaking the fence. What is your problem with me?

NEIGHBOR: I'll tell you what the problem is living next to you is like living next to the Jones! I have a pool, you have to get a pool. I have a hot tub, you have to get a hot tub! (His hot tub and pool were there when he moved in. We didn't get ours to be like him we got it because our kids love to swim and Bill wanted the hot tub)

NEIGHBOR: And what are you some kind of homo (sorry but gotta tell it like it is) you are always hanging out with a bunch of guys! And I know you guys have been peeing behind your garage! Why don't we take this down to the park and settle it like men?

BILL: I haven't been invited to a fight at the park since I was in grade school, that is real mature.

NEIGHBOR: And what is with you and breathe spray? You are always spraying it in your mouth!

(at about this time I am at the back door because I hear all the commotion)

He says something to me about my husband then continues...

NEIGHBOR: I know that you have been calling the police on my dogs. Come on let's settle this, lets go down to the park!


I can't recall what happened after that we went back into the house to avoid any more confrontation. But since then things have gotten worse. He has had up to three boxers and they like to bark a lot! He has a fetish with a clean driveway and has been known to use is leaf blower every hour. He has picked weeds and thrown them in our flower garden. He has confronted us about watering our grass because his driveway gets wet. He has hip hop music playing loud throughout the day. He has been throwing cigarette butts (and other things) over the fence into our yard. The police have been there numerous times for the dogs, the music and even an under age party. He has made enemies else where because we are not the ones calling the authorities. I could probably go on but I think you get the picture. Bill asked me what I thought I was going to prove by posting this, the answer is nothing. I guess, if anything, I am looking for advice or suggestions on how to handle it without making enemies. My son has to go to school with his kids and I don't want problems for him. I know I am supposed to love my neighbor but he doesn't make it easy!



4 comments:

marcia said...

All i can say is, "OMG!". ... he's nuts!~ ...

i think i should go egg his house when he's not there, and especially egg his coveted driveway. ... and i would leave a note, ... like this, "how do you like your eggs prepared, sir? scrambled is okay? - Signed, Marcia in Tallmadge/Brimfield

nyuk, nyuk, nyuk. :-)

Sherry said...

That is not the type of advice I was hoping for!

Unknown said...

Kill him with kindness.

Cassie said...

What an A HOLE! Sorry...I got nothing! Wanna go to the park this week??