Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Atrocious...

...that is what she called it and that is exactly what it is. It has affected all of us at one point or another. I have lost a grandfather, a baby brother, and a sister to it.

She is my friend and she was talking about cancer. I hate to watch her go through it, I feel every ounce of her pain. A young girl, only 14, lost her battle last week. She left those of her who loved her with questions of why and feelings of anger and hurt. I didn't know her but her story is amazing. So much courage for a girl of her age. So selfless and concerned about everyone around her. It makes you want to love a little deeper. Give your kids that extra hug and thank God for their health. Consider each day a gift we are given without taking it for granted.

I know that there are no words I can say that can take away the hurt and pain but just know that I am here if there is anything you need.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

I'm sobbing. Sobbing. Is there a word stronger than sobbing? Thank you. I love you

Lovinglife said...

SO sad! Thanks for the sad but true story...you are right I think this will be a great way to just get going and writing :) Take care!