Thursday, August 30, 2012

There are angels among us...

When my sister saw that Joshua was a "blanket baby" she started making blankets for all the kids hoping that one of them would carry around a blanket she made. Joshua was already attached to his blankets but Isaiah started carrying one. 
After years of being loved, chewed on and dragged everywhere, it was down to it's last strings. He came to me and said, "Mom, why can't Aunt Mandy come down from heaven and fix this blanket for me? I love this blanket and it's no fair why can't God send her back?" 
I knew I had to fix it but I didn't know how. I wasn't sure I wanted to. I thought I could just put it up and give it to him when he was older but he wasn't having that.
So, I asked a friend from church. She knew exactly how to fix it and said it would be an honor.
Yesterday, we went to pick it up. The look on his face was priceless, he held that blanket all the way home and slept with it last night. When he woke up this morning he said, "I don't want to go to school today, I want to spend some more time with my blanket."
Mandy was always worried that Isaiah wouldn't remember her because he was so young. But not a day goes by when he doesn't mention her. He has woke up in the morning and said to me "Mom, I talked to Aunt Mandy last night." He is too young to make that up, I believe that blanket is his connection to her, somehow through holding on to that blanket, he holds on to her. 
She has left a legacy in the hearts of my children that will never die. 
"Mom, I wish Aunt Mandy could see me now that I am six."
She does...

No comments: