Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Life's about changes...

I have always struggled with change. I do not like anything that messes with the way I am used to things. 
I have had to make quite a few adjustments in life but when things get back to "normal" I don't like the sudden interruption. 
It probably sounds selfish, doesn't it?
I don't mean for it to.
I have to find a way to cope with some things but it means closing a door that I don't want to close. A door that I don't even want there. A door that was "ajar" and I had learned to live with it. 
Everyday, I read about or hear about changes, people I know and people I don't know, are going through. Life can be hard, who am I kidding life is hard! 
The bible says, "He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end." A couple verses later it says, "I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so people will fear him."
(Ecclesiastes 3:11 and 14)
It's the "in time" part that is hard. I know that God will make something beautiful. I have to learn God's time, not my time. I often question how much time? When does the hurt stop? How do I accept change?
I am still learning, I stumble, I cry, but I will get through.
As I was driving yesterday I heard a song that said,
"I won't give you more
more than you can take
And I might let you bend
but I won't let you break."
I know that I am being shaped into the person God wants me to be. It is a lifelong process. I will some out on the other side standing. 
Thank you to those who have listened to me cry and have wiped my tears. 
I can't change the way things are but I do know God is creating something beautiful in His time. I need to remember that when something causes me to bend.

No comments: