Friday, May 27, 2011

Chasing my own tail?

It is really funny to watch a cat chase it's tail...not so funny when it's me.
My days are the same, everyday the same. I am okay with it most of the time. But sometimes, it makes me crazy.
Like when you clean the house...
You clean one room, go onto the next, come back into the first and think to yourself, "Did I not just spend and hour, maybe two cleaning?"
As far as kids bedrooms go, I think there should be an unwritten law: Close the door so nobody sees inside until you are old enough to keep it clean yourself.
Simple and saves me the hassle...yeah right, if only!
Then, there are pillows! The pillows for our couches spend more time on the floor than they do on the couch. Every time, you walk through the living room you bend over pick them up go up stairs or wherever you were headed come back and there they are...on the floor again! Then, you think to yourself, "Did I not just pick these up the last time I walked through?"
The cat litter box...Why is it that the minute I put the lid back on after cleaning it a cat has to go take care of business. Never fails, every time! Around and around we go!
Oh, and should I dare talk about the bathroom? I get the most frustrated with this room! There are days when my lungs are burning from the bleach smell! Finally, it is clean then wouldn't you know...someone's gotta go!

I remember when I first started blogging I said I should have named my blog, "Will my bathroom ever be clean again?" now I am thinking it should be...
"When will the hole on the toilet be big enough?" or
"If you can't make it in the hole, please, sit down!"
The list could go on...
"Does anyone but mom know where the hamper is?"
"Is it really necessary to hit your brother as you walk by?"
"How many times do I have to tell you not to climb on the counter?"
"Go sit in your bed and don't come down until you are ready to behave!"
"Stop slamming doors before someone loses a finger!"
"Can we please enjoy a meal without the arguing?"
"When will I learn that if the kids are quiet, it's not a good thing!?!?"
or we could go with, simply...
"Now, what's broken?"
because when I call Bill at work that is usually the first thing that comes out of his mouth!

No comments: