Tuesday, November 30, 2010

"Tell her I don't want anything..."

Yesterday, the kids were off school and we didn't have anything planned. I had to help Jacob with a school project. Other than that we were just being lazy. My mom called and asked if we wanted to go to 50 cent Monday at the local thrift store, I told her I would call her back after lunch to let her know. In the mean time I told Tyler that Grandma had called and wants to take him to the thrift store...
"Why?"
"So you can help her pick out your Christmas gift."
"Are you serious?"
"Yes, she doesn't know what to get you and she thought you could give her some ideas."
"Tell her I don't want anything."
"Tyler, you can't tell me that kids at your school don't shop there and besides, when someone wants to buy you a gift you can't act like that and she want you to help her find things for the other kids."
Joshua overhearing says,
"I want Star Wars figures."
"Do you want the ones with arms or no arms?"
"With arms."
"Mom, just tell her to get me a shirt."
"What kind of shirt?"
"A t-shirt"
So, I call her back and tell her what I said to Tyler. When I got off the phone I said, "She told me she only has a three dollar limit so if you stick with 50 cent things that is 6 items."
He must have believed me because he put on his shoes and helped get the kids in the car.
He eventually figured it out but imagine his embarrassment when...
we got out of the car and bumped into his friends girlfriend. His face was red as a beet!

No comments: