Saturday, November 28, 2009

So sensitive

I just recently told Joshua I didn't want him to grow up. I was just thinking about how fast they are growing. Before I know it, they are going to be grown and I just want time to slow down a little. Anyway, last night, we put him to bed and within two minutes he was downstairs, crying uncontrollably. I asked him what was wrong and he said he is afraid that he is not going to be a part of our family anymore once he grows up. He said I really want to be in this family and I don't want another one. He was afraid that once he grew up we would no longer be a family and he never wants to leave us. He wants to live here forever. So, through my tears, I tell him that some day he will be big and have a wife and kids and he won't live here but that is many years from now. That was the wrong thing to say! He insisted that he wants to live here forever because he wants to keep the same family. I told him that was fine, he could live here as long as he wanted and that no matter what I was always going to be his mommy and daddy was always going to be his daddy and we would always love him and be his family...that was the answer he wanted. So, with another hug and kiss for added security and a smile on his face, he was off to bed feeling safe and secure that he would always have his family. His sensitivity is what makes him so unique and it's what we love about him.

On a different note, I posted pictures of our remodeled kitchen on facebook. Take a peek and let me know what you think.

No comments: