Friday, January 14, 2011

The Man I Want To Be

I have always loved music but those of you who know me know that I have always loved country music. I know that some songs are a bit out there but there are a lot of songs that have meaning. There are songs I listen to when I want to remember, songs I listen to when I just want to cry, songs I listen to when I feel like God has moved, and songs I listen to when I think about my husband.
Bill has a list of songs on his ipod that remind him of me. He listens to it all the time, so much that he has the words of all the songs memorized.
I am so blessed to have been given such a good man. My husband is all the man I need and all the man I could ever want. For me, he is perfect. But to know that he is always striving to be a better man makes me realize how lucky I really am.
One day, I was in my truck and one of the songs from his list came on the radio. I turned it up an, for the first time, listened to the words. As tears streamed down my face, I realized how much time and effort my husband puts into loving me. Not a day goes by that I don't know how much he loves me. Looking back, I know I did nothing to deserve him.
I am thankful God put us together. I am thankful for his commitment to me. I am thankful that he is always praying and asking God to make him into the man he wants to be. I have a great marriage because I have a great man.


There is no special occasion behind this post. It's just with everything going on around me I wanted to take time to let him know how much I love him. He is the reason I am who I am today and that I am better than I was yesterday.
But what I really want to know is...
Now that I said all that, what am I going to say on my anniversary?

2 comments:

Cassie said...

awesome post. I love happy couples. :)

marcia said...

♥ :)