Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The rest of me...

I know that I am always talking about my kids, my husband, or my sister but rarely about the rest of my family.
I also have 4 brothers. I am the oldest and then, Michael, Mandy, Matthew, Nicholas and Jay, (my cousin who my mom got custody of when he was a baby). My fourth brother died as a baby when he was 5 months old. I never really understood why. Not only why he was sick but why God put a baby in this world to live for such a short time, it makes no sense to me. I know I may never know the answers to all the questions I have but one thing I am certain of is, he and my sister have been reunited and they are waiting for the rest of us.
My parents are also a big part of who I am today. We never had much growing up but we always had plenty. Now, that I have kids of my own and realize how hard it is to take care of them, I have found a new respect for the sacrifices my parents made for us. My mom stayed home with us while my dad went to work. I never knew what hard work was until I became a stay at home mom after I got married. It is a very rewarding but difficult job. My dad has always been a hard worker but is now unemployed. It is hard for him to sit at home and see my mom go to work everyday because that is no the man he has ever been. I am thankful for them because they have made me who I am today. I just wish there was more I could do to help them because it seems like when it rains it pours. I am not sure when or if ever my dad will work again. I know they will make it through this but the road has been hard. Some how, some way, they will make it. They have made it this far, almost 39 years, through one trial after the other, losing 2 children along the way. I could never imagine and hope I never have to feel that pain.
Remembering my childhood and watching them now I know there is no problem to big. We are all faced with trials. There is always a way out, it may not be easy but it is just something we go through and come out on the other side a better person.

No comments: