Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Onions!

It is not new news to anyone who knows us but for those of you who don't...our family doesn't eat onions. Bill is allergic to them, I have never liked them (worked out perfect for us), Tyler will eat them but the rest of the kids will not. I like the smell of cooked onions, I have chopped my share working at an Italian restaurant. We have never forced our will on our kids but for some reason they don't like them especially Jacob. Last night, we stopped at Wendy's to eat dinner. Jacob and Joshua ordered the cheeseburger kids meals. They came with onions, we didn't know so we didn't order them special. Jacob ate 3/4 of his sandwich and found a very small piece of an onion. He got so angry and almost made himself throw up. We told him that he didn't have to finish it but if he ate almost the whole sandwich it must not have been so bad. He was crying and carrying on like he had just found out he ate some sort of hideous creature. He said, "I don't care if they under arrest me! I am going to go back there and yell at them"..."What is wrong with the people who work here"..."Why would you put onions on a kids cheeseburger?"..."I am going to tell them, why didn't you listen to my dad when he said no onions?"..."My french fries taste like onions" He was so mad! All the way home he complained about the onion taste in his mouth! He is such a character but the one thing you have to know about Jacob is he remembers everything! We are going to hear about this for a long time but there is one thing you can be sure of...the next time we go to Wendy's we will make sure to say "no onions" and if we forget, he will remind us!

No comments: